IGE/TD/4 PE and steel gas services and service pipework.
This Standard contains details of basic pipeline construction,
installation and maintenance for gas services.
These Recommendations address Natural Gas services and LPG
service pipework. They cover the design, construction,
inspection, testing , operation, maintenance and alteration of
steel and PE services for the provision of 2nd and
3rd family gases. Specifically they cover:
- For Natural Gas, pipelines of MOP not exceeding 10 bar and at a
temperature from 0oC to 20oC for PE and
pipelines not exceeding 16 bar and at a temperature from
-25oC to 40oC for steel.
- For LPG, the recommendations limit MOP to 2 bar in the LPG
They are divided into four sections, depending upon the
pressures involved and the diameter of the pipework. Specifically,
they include details on:
- Legal considerations, such as land rights, noise control and
- Design requirements, material selections and risk
- Site activities and management.
- Construction, including pipe laying and jointing, siphons,
valves and anchorage.
- Service entry and termination, along with meter
- Pressure testing methods and criteria, along with
decommissioning of pipework.
- Alterations and connections to live services.
- Maintenance and repair methodologies, including inspection and