IGE/TD/12 Pipework stress analysis for gas industry plant.
This Standard describes various methods and limits for analysing
the stress experienced by pipework used in installations.
These Recommendations cover the stress analysis and calculation
of loadings for welded and flanged pipework used in gas industry
installations on pipelines. Generally, an installation on a
pipeline comprises one or more of the following:
- Compressor station.
- Line valve.
- Branch Connection.
- Meter Installation.
- Multi-junction station with or without in-line metering and
which may include pig traps and/or line valves.
- Overhead pipe crossing.
- Pigging station.
- PRI controlling gas flow and/or pressure from one system to
- Other offtakes.
They apply to onland pipework, including water crossing.
Offshore pipework may require additional guidance. They cover
stress analysis for carbon and austenitic steels handling
1st and 2nd family gases. Specifically, they
include guidance on:
- Competency and quality assurance
- Load and restraint conditions
- Wall thickness and selection of pipework components
- Stress and fatigue analysis
- Resolving stress exceptions
- Verification and documentation