IGEM/GM/8 Part 3 - Fabrication, installation, testing and commissioning
This standard covers the installation and testing of gas meter
These procedures apply to all new onshore gas supply meter
installations intended to carry Natural Gas of flow rate >6
m3h-1 and maximum operating pressure ≤38 bar.
They address the fabrication, installation, testing and
commissioning of meter installations. It details:
- Legal considerations such as Gas Safety (Installation and Use)
Regulations and Pressure Systems Safety Regulations.
- General objectives and principles, including quality assurance
and care of materials and equipment.
- Exchange of information between parties involved.
- Planning and preparation, including hazardous area
- Site safety.
- Care of site environment.
- Civil engineering works where required.
- Pre-installation checks.
- Fabrication and welding of pipework and components.
- Assembly and installation, including electrical installation
and cathodic protection.
- By-passes for equalization and testing.
- Strength testing and tightness testing.
- Pre-commissioning checks.
- Functional tests.
- Post-commissioning checks.
- Handover information and records.