IGEM/GM/8 Part 2 - Locations, housings and compounds
This standard covers the requirements for effective and safe
locating and housing of meter installations.
These procedures apply to new locations, housing and compounds
for gas supply meter installations intended to carry Natural Gas of
flow rate > 6m3 h-1 and MOP upstream ≤ 38
bar. It contains details of:
- Legal considerations such as Gas Safety (Installation and Use)
Regulations and Electricity at Work Regulations.
- Objectives and principles when designing any housing or
- Exchange of information between the involved parties and formal
- Gas transporter authorizations.
- General considerations such as safety, space heating and
- Location requirements.
- Ventilation of housings.
- Thermal and acoustic insulation.
- Construction and materials for housings.
- Outdoor compounds.
- Explosion reliefs.
- Lightning conductors.