IGEM/GM/7A - Gas meter electrical connections
This standard provides requirements for the selection,
installation, inspection and maintenance of electrical equipment
connected to gas meter installations by:
- Ensuring electrical equipment will not be a source of
- Ensuring compliance with DSEAR and ATEX directives.
- Describing suitable electrical equipment.
- Describing how to safely connect electrical equipment.
This standard applies to the connection of any electrical
equipment to a gas meter. It applies to meter installations of
maximum operating pressure not exceeding 100 bar containing Natural
Gas in a gaseous state. It applies to primary and secondary meter
installations and associated volume conversion equipment in
industrial, commercial and domestic premises. It considers:
- DSEAR and ATEX Directives.
- Pulse ownership.
- Equipment certification and suitability
- Equipment connections
- Details of electrical connections
- Records and reporting
Advice is provided on:
- Legal requirements
- Authorisation procedures
- Electrical low frequency and high frequency outputs.
- Design of electronic interface equipment.
- Ensuring integrity of installation, operation and maintenance
of a pulse chain.
- Procedures for telephone connections
- Equipment location and installation.
- Equipment connection, protection and isolation.
- Inspection and maintenance.