IGEM/G/6 Gas supplies to mobile dwellings
This Standard provides guidance on supplying Natural Gas or LPG
to mobile housing dwellings such as caravans or narrowboats,
including from LPG storage vessels. It also contains guidance on
storage of such vessels.
This Standard addresses the design, installation, testing,
purging, commissioning, operation, maintenance and decommissioning
of gas supply systems up to the point of connection to
pre-fabricated pipework on:
- Caravan holiday homes.
- Residential park homes.
- Waterborne accommodation (Not including those used for
commercial or industrial purposes).
It primarily covers odorized 2nd family gas (e.g.
Natural Gas) and 3rd family gas (e.g. LPG), although it
is, on the whole, applicable to other fuel gases. It covers piped
gas supplied from:
- A Natural Gas network.
- An LPG central bulk storage vessel and network
- An independent LPG supply i.e. either a cylinder or an
individual bulk storage vessel.
- provides additional requirements to and interpretation and
clarification of national/international legislation, standards and
codes of practice (without duplicating or replacing them)
- gives best practice on distributing, metering and installing
Natural Gas and LPG (it includes cylinder and bulk storage of
- details legislation, Codes of Practice and health and safety
legislation and other requirements, including those that apply to
owners and operators of gas plant.
Also covered are details of the parties responsible for the
installation and operations of sections of the gas supply system,
along with meter installation and storage of LPG vessels.