IGEM/G/1 Edition 2 - Defining the end of the network
This Standard defines various important terms within Natural Gas
systems and provides a basic guide to the arrangement of the
components required in such a system.
- provides a framework and standard approach or new gas
distribution mains, services, primary meter installations and
installation pipework and include:
- definitions for the end of the gas network, the primary meter
installation (including any associated regulator) and installation
- illustrations of a range of recommended arrangements and those
which, for historical reasons, are not recommended with respect to
their design or layout and are "legacy" arrangements
- identification of boundaries and interfaces.
- is applicable to all Natural Gas systems and defines the
boundaries and interfaces between the end of the Network, a primary
meter installation and installation pipework and, in addition,
provides a definition of recommended gas supply arrangements which
will simplify any new arrangements that are required to ensure a
safe and secure supply of gas to a consumer.