IGE/GM/4 Flowmetering practices
These procedures give guidance on the design and usage of high
accuracy meter installations of piped Natural Gas in a specific
pressure range, such as compressor stations.
These procedures gives guidance on the specification, design,
installation and operation of meter installations for high accuracy
flow measurement of piped natural gas operating within the pressure
range exceeding 38 bar and not exceeding 100 bar. They cover
orifice meters, turbine meters and ultrasonic meters. They only
apply to installations supplied with Natural Gas, Liquefied Natural
Gas and Simulated Natural Gas in the gaseous phase where the gas
temperatures at the meter are between -20oC and
It includes details of
- Legal and allied considerations.
- Design of the meter systems.
- Electrical safety concerns.
- Calibration and testing of the metering systems.
- Sampling and analysis of the gas in order to calculate gas
properties relevant to metering.
- The use of secondary instrumentation (including
- Operation and maintenance of the meters.