Licensed Gas Technician
Gas Safe Registration proves that you have been deemed "safe to
with work with gas", but what about other aspects of the service
you provide and the quality of your work?
If you can demonstrate that you are operating to a higher level
of overall job competence, and customer service is something that
is important to you and your company, then you can apply for
Licensed Gas Technician membership.
If you are currently working in the downstream gas market and
you meet the following requirements, you can apply for this grade
- Have a current Gas Safe Registration Number and License
- Have a minimum of 2 years continuous Gas Safe Registration
- Demonstrate compliance to IGEM's Competence and Commitment
- Demonstrate compliance with the required 'Customer Service
- Be willing to sign a declaration to observe and abide by the
relevant By-Laws, Regulations, Code of Conduct and Customer
HOW TO APPLY
You need to demonstrate you have the relevant knowledge and
experience to ensure that you are working to the level set out by
the Competence and Commitment criteria. You also need to achieve
the required standard for Customer Service.
There are two ways to gain the grade of Licensed Gas Technician,
Standard Route and Individual Route.
For those who hold an IGEM approved qualification listed here.
Those who do not hold an IGEM approved qualification may
demonstrate their knowledge and experience through an individual
assessment. Please refer to the Competence and Commitment
- Complete the Standard
Individual Route application form
- Provide details of two customers who you have carried out work
for in the last 12 months who are willing to be contacted by IGEM
to provide references in support of your application. If you are
employed by a large company and unable to provide these details,
please contact Membership Services
- Provide your Gas Safe Registration and License Number for
- Read the IGEM Licensed Gas Technician Customer Charter and
- Read the IGEM Code of Conduct and the Complaints / Disciplinary
- Return your completed application form with the appropriate fees and
a copy of your approved qualification certificate(s) to Membership