Supporting the gas industry since 1863
Sign In

Graduate Member

Graduate (GradIGEM) membership is open to anyone who holds an appropriate degree likely to lead to Corporate membership of the Institution.

Graduate members are entitled to use the letters GradIGEM after their name.


  • Have an accredited MEng engineering degree, or equivalent; or
  • An accredited BEng (Hons) engineering degree, or equivalent, with or without Further Learning for CEng or,
  • An accredited BEng/BSc degree, with or without honours accredited for IEng

You can check if your course is accredited on the Accredited Course Search database.


Graduate members are deemed to be en-route to Corporate membership and registration as a Chartered (CEng) or Incorporated (IEng) Engineer. IPD may be expected to take at least 3 or 4 years and it is a requirement to demonstrate competence and commitment applied in the gas industry by means of a Professional Review.


  • Complete and sign the Graduate Application Form
  • Submit your completed Graduate application form with copies of your academic certificates and appropriate fees to Membership Services

Candidates will be notified of the result as soon as a decision has been made.

Follow Us on:

Follow us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterFollow us on LinkedInFind us on YouTubeFind us on Flickr